Describe tools available for all types of layers in Layer Editor
With Layer Editor you can add, modify, or repair the properties, attributes, data or the grid of a selected layer. When you open Layer Editor for the different spatial types (Region, Site, Line, or Surfaced), different drawing and editing tools will appear. This article will go over the editing tools seen in all the spatial types.
Layer in AgStudio with data and at least one attribute.
Properties - Click on the Properties tab in Layer Editor
- Name - Edit the name of the current layer
- Layer Type - Determine the layer type of this specific layer. Useful when using treatment analysis, seeding and fertility recommendations.
- Sampling - If a "Soil Test" layer these can be modified to the correct dates and lab used.
- Label Visibility - determines if labels or data is seen on the map or report when the layer is highlighted in the domian tree. Default is labels are visible up to a certain number of points/regions then they are hidden.
Attributes - Attributes tab contains a list of attributes associated with the layer and details about the selected attribute.
- On the left hand side you can see the list of attributes, data use and UOM of the attributes. To edit attribute, select attribute from the list on the left.
- Name - Name of attribute. Edit or Copy the name of the attribute.
- Data Use - Define whether this attribute and what it is used for in the layer. If this Data Use is Group or Nominal, you don't need any other information in the attribute.
- Width - number of characters in each piece of data.
- Decimals - define how many decimal places you will have in the data.
- Unit - define the units of the data, important to note with use in fertility and seeding calculators.
- Default Value - define if a value is given where there is no value.
- Setpoints - Can define within the data specific setpoints for the data to be within, as well as multiplier, subtractors, or rounding.
Data - Use the data tab to view/add/edit the actual attribute values in grid form. Select on the value in the grid, and that point/polygon is highlighted on the map. Likewise, if you click on a site or region on the map, the data gets selected in the data grid. Edit the value in the cell as needed and click Save.
Other tools available in all layers:
- Use Set Points - If setpoints are entered for an attribute, you can enable those setpoints you can activate the icon, to see the original values, toggle the icon off.
- Assign Attribute Value - use this tool to bulk assign attribute values. You can use the Ctrl+Click or Shift+Click to select multiple rows, then click on the icon for assignment. You can "Use Selected" or "Use UnSelected" or both options to assign values at the same time.
- You can assign a specific value OR multiply, add, subtract or divide attribute by a specific value. and click "OK"
Layer Editor for Line Layers