How do I set up a Product in AgStudio
This article will provide the basic knowledge to set up most type of products (seed, fertilizer, chemicals, etc. ALL are based on the same premise) used in AgStudio.
Product Setup is a very important tool in AgStudio that is used in multiple tasks. VRS, VRF, Analysis, and many reports use the products that are set up in AgStudio.
- Access to AgStudio
- An Operation/Grower to set up products.
- To create brand new products not in the customer's database, Admin access is needed.
- Information about the product to be added.
As stated above, most product types use the same basic process to set up products in the system. In the following steps, we'll use Fertilizer as an example, but please note most of the steps for other products (chemicals, amendments, biosolids, even seeds and commodities) are the same except for a few minor differences in the details of the products.
For a Fertilizer Product:
Go to Setup > Fertilizer. This will bring up the Fertilizer Editor. Note the list of fertilizers AND the Domain and Year. Products are Domain and Year Specific. Meaning products that are setup for a specific grower and year will only be available in that year to that specific grower. When you create a new Crop Year, products can be copied to the new year. It is suggested practice when adding a product, you first add it to the Entire Database or Company, THEN add it to your specific grower.
- At the top, select the domain and year in the drop-downs. (To create a fertilizer for the Entire Database, you will need Admin access)
- Click "Add" to bring up a list of fertilizers already available in the database. To add one of these, simple select and click "OK"
- If desired Fertilizer is not on the list, click "Global Search" and type at least 4 characters in the Name Contains box to search for the desired product in AgStudio's database.
- A list will populate, if desired fertilizer is there, select it and click "OK." (You may preview the analysis, by clicking "Get Nutrients," analysis will appear beside the name in the list).
- If fertilizer is still not available, click "New Product."
- Fill in all possible information available (at the least with the red "x").
- For Liquid Fertilizers, it is suggested to record a Product Density. This will allow for correct formulation in Product Recommendations.
- Click "Add Nutrient" to add a nutrient's analysis to the product. Type the Chemical symbol (I.e. N for Nitrogen, P for Phosphorous) and the percent analysis as a whole number (i.e. for 80% type 80, not .80). Repeat process for additional nutrients.
- If you want to create default Setpoints for the fertilizer, check the setpoint box and enter a value.
- Once all information has been Input, click "OK" to add the new product to the Fertilizer List. Select the product again to add that fertilizer to the domain.
- If product was added to the Entire Database, to add the product to your Grower, select the Grower in the Domain dropdown.
- Click "Add"
- Your new product should now be on the list. Select Product and click "OK." Product will then be added to the domain's fertilizer list.
NOTE: You can add multiple products from the fertilizer list by using the ctrl+click method. Hold the ctrl key and click for each product to select multiple, then click "OK."