How to Create a New My John Deere Connection.
A wireless connection to the My John Deere can be a very useful tool with AgStudio. Bringing in FieldOp data INTO AgStudio as well as exporting out recommendations to the MJD Ops Center, where they can be assigned to the desired machine.
- Access to AgStudio
- The extension "Add-Ons" visible in the AgStudio menu
- A "business" My John Deere account
For the purpose of this article, we are going to assume NOTHING has been done to create a connection and will start from the very beginning.
Connecting the Database to a John Deere account:
NOTE: This only needs to be done ONCE at the very beginning when setting up the very first connection. Once this step is done, it doesn't need to be done again and you can proceed to connect the Grower to AgStudio.
Go to Add-Ons > My John Deere
Click on the Chain with the yellow barrel icon (link database to MJD account).
Click OK to confirm. You will then be brought to the MJD log in page.
Please enter YOUR MJD credentials, as this is the foundation for the connection and any partnerships you may have.
Click to Allow Access, and make sure the toggle for your account is turned on and click Save.
It should now be confirmed that you have made a connection to YOUR MJD account.
You may now proceed to connect the desired growers account to AgStudio.
Connecting the AgStudio grower to a John Deere account:
There are 3 basic connection types between MJD and AgStudio.
The direct connection. This is the recommended method and the best connection, although it DOES require the grower's MJD username and password.
- Go to Add-Ons > MJD
- Click on the chain with the red barn icon (link domain to MJD account)
- AgStudio will ask which domain you wish to connect, use the domain picker to select the grower and click OK to continue.
- You will then be taken to the MJD login page. Here you will enter the GROWER's MJD username and password.
- Click to allow, confirm the settings and that the Grower toggle is turned on and click Save.
- You should see confirmation that the account has been successfully linked.
Partnership Invite. This is useful when grower does NOT provide his credentials, and you are not yet a partner in their MJD account.
- Under the My John Deere extension in Add-Ons, click on the Letter with the green plus icon (send partnership invite).
- In the dialogue box that follows, enter the Grower's MJD email.
- An Email will then be sent to that grower's MJD email, and they will need to follow the instructions in the email. Allowing the appropriate access to your own MJD account.
- They will have 48 hours to accept the partnership. But once they accept, a partnership connection is made and data will flow into AgStudio.
Record a Grower ID. Useful when the grower in AgStudio is already a partner in MY John Deere.
- Add-Ons > My John Deere extension.
- Select the Person with a page icon (Record Grower's Organization ID)
- Record the Grower's My John Deere Org ID, you can find this under the Teams section in the My John Deere Ops Center
- If all partnership settings are set correctly, data should flow within 24 hours.
Display Deere Connections (for Partnership) - clicking on this icon in the Add-Ons tool will display the list of partners a user has for the database. It will show them either as Connected or Not Connected (you can click on the link, log in to MJD to toggle a partnership on).
Test Permissions on Grower - click on this icon to show the current status of this grower's connection to MJD. Whether the connection is "Active" or not, what kind of link, and if there are any files to be downloaded. If there is any issues with a connection, this is a good place to find any errors on how to fix the connection.
Set a Start Date for Download - click on this icon to reprocess any data in MJD that needs to be brought back in to AgStudio for whatever reason. Set a date back to when you want the data, and check the box that you want to reprocess for the whole grower. **NOTE: It is good practice to delete any possible duplicate data before reprocessing, but any duplicate data that was brought in the same way (i.e. data previously brought in from the data transfer), should get overwritten and not duplicated.
NOTE: If there are any issues with partnership connections, please refer to the article below to help confirm your partnership is with the grower in MJD is set up correctly.