What details should I know about the Export Manager?
- Recommendations ready to Export
Notes on Device Format
Each brand of monitor (device format) has its own unique requirements regarding folder/file structure. While AgStudio builds the correct structure, if that structure is not placed on the card/drive at the expected folder level (generally the root), the monitor/display fails to find the necessary files.
In addition, monitors that support shapefiles for conversion do not have consistent requirements regarding where the shapefiles are to be located on the memory device. Therefore, you need to consult the user guide for the monitor/display that you use. Most user guides can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s web site.
Notes on Filename Templates
If the chosen device requires a Filename Template, select a template from the drop down or type in a new template of how the file(s) should appear on the export.
- A template with a “\” indicates a new folder will be created each time the backslash appears in the template. For example, a filename template of %FarmName%\%FieldName%\%ProductName% would create a Cooper Farm folder with a Cooper 1 field folder with a Potash prescriptions file.
- A template with “_” indicates the filename will be separated with an underscore for easier ready. For example, a filename template of %FarmName%_%FieldName%_%ProductName% would create a filename like CooperFarm_Cooper1_Potash.extension.
Note: The following devices cannot handle subfolders:
AgLeader TGT Publisher, AgView Prescriptions, AIM Prescriptions. Deere GS1, GS2, and GS3 Publisher, ISO, Mid-Tech Publisher, Trimble AgGPS 170 Prescriptions, Trimble FMD Prescriptions, Voyager 2 Publisher
Notes on Properties
The Property and Value grid updates according to the device and indicates properties that need to be identified before exporting.
Notes on Rasterization
When making decisions about rasterization, there are a couple things to consider:
- The two input types are:
- Raster Layers
- Polygon Layers
- The two output options are:
- Rasters Optional
- Device Required Rasters
Raster Layer Scenarios
With a raster layer and a device that supports user-defined raster sizes:
- Mark the Use Rx raster size check box to export the existing raster size, or
- Clear the Use Rx raster size check box to use the Default Size, effectively re-rasterizing the raster layer into a new size.
Note: The Raster polygon Rxs check box does not apply to a raster layer.
Polygon Layer Scenarios
With a polygon layer and a device that does not require rasterization, ensure that the Raster polygon Rxs check is not marked and the prescription is exported using the original polygon.
With a polygon layer and a device that requires rasterization, you can mark the Raster polygon Rxs check box to force rasterization using the Default Size you enter.
How do I export product recommendations?