How do I build a nutrient recommendation script?
To generate nutrient recommendations, you build scripts that contain details about the crops/commodities to be grown, the data inputs that are available, the calculators to be used, and options for the appearance of the final result
- Crops and Commodities are set up
- Cropzones assigned to Fields
1. From the Resources tree, select a typical field or crop zone for which you want to generate a recommendation.
**User Tip: Clicking on a desired Crop Zone in the domain tree will automatically fill in the commodity information in the Nutrient Recommendation Script Editor Crop Zones tab...saving you a couple clicks.
2. From the menu, navigate to Fertility > Advanced Nutrient Recommendations
3. Choose <<New Script>> to create a new script configuration. Then click Open to open the new script configuration.
4. In the Script Editor, there are 6 tabs used to set up the script
CropZones - Setup the commodities and yield goal sources of those commodities as necessary to run the desired recommendation.
- On the left side you can Add/Remove commodities that you want to have the script run. On the right side you can set up the commodity details like current year and sequence.
- When using Yield Goals in your script, You can designate where you want AgStudio to pull the Yield Goal information from : Yield from layer, Yield from crop zone, yield from commodity, or a Default yield.
Pre-Surface = On the left, Select/Check the Calculator you will use for this script. On the right, the variables should autofill once the calculator is selected.
- Verify the names of the variables and UOM (units of measure) are correct.
- Select the Source of those variables: Manual (manually put in a value), Map Required (value from a layer), or Map Preferred (value from layer, if no value, then Manual).
- Confirm that AgStudio has the correct Layer in the Layer column.
- If using Manual or Map Preferred you can save a value for AgStudio to use for the recommendation in the Value column, or you can choose to enter values in the Run Script dialog.
- With Selected layers, you can select to run a specific layer or check the “Get Latest of Type” for the most recent layer of that type in the script. (This allows for the most recent soil test to be used without changing the script annually).
Surfacing = Check to create the layer as a surface layer. Enter the surfacing parameters for you layer. If you have a site layer for your soil test, this will need to be checked to create a recommendation for the entire field.
Crop Removal = **This tab is NOT required, you will use this tab ONLY if you are wanting to calculate Crop Removal into your recommendation. Check the box if you are using crop removal. Note: You must have good yield data in a field ops.
- If unchecked, proceed to the next tab.
- Select the year(s) you want to use yield data from (e.g. for just last year, Current -1 to Current -1. For past 3 years Current-3 to Current-1).
- Enter Surfacing Parameters to be used for the rec.
- Select/Check Calculators (you will need a Crop Removal calculator), Variables, and Layers as described in the Pre-Surface tab.
Post Surface = **Optional ** tab where a calculator can be run on the script after the recommendation is surfaced. Like Pre-Surface, if you want to use Post-Surface, select the Calculator, confirm the Variables and Layers to be used. Ex. I have just run a normal recommendation but want to increase areas with irrigation. I could do that here with an applicable calculator.
General = Create the Name of the Results Layer. Also, if you would like to see all the attributes used in the recommendation, check the “Check to save all attributes” box. Leaving it unchecked, will just produce your recommendations.
5. If you plan on using the script in the future, it is suggested to “Save” the script. Click “Save” if it is a new script and you will be able to create a name for the Script as well as the domain you will be able to use this script on. NOTE: If you are editing an existing script and want to use different settings, Click “Save As” and you will be able to change the name of the script with the new settings, as well as leaving the existing script.
6. To “Run” the script click Run. **Click How to Run a Nutrient Recommendation for help.
How do I run a nutrient recommendation script?