How do I formulate nutrient recommendations into products?
Use the Nutrient Formulator to convert nutrient recommendations into product recommendations that are able to export to your monitor.
- Nutrient Recommendation script
- Fertilizer Products setup in Setup > Fertilizers (contain the nutrients recommended)
This process accounts for the recommended nutrients and adjusts for other prior or planned applications.
1. In the Domain Tree, click on the Domain (Grower, Farm, Field, Cropzone) you would like to run. Then in the menu go to Fertility > Nutrient Formulator. **User Tip: If you have checked the Nutrient Formulator on your Nutrient Script, it should bring you to the Nutrient Formulator. Recommendation will already be loaded so you can skip Step 2.
2. Nutrient Recommendations Tab:
- Load the nutrient recommendations into the Formulator by clicking on the "Select" icon (pages with a green "plus"). **Note: Depending on location selected in the Domain, you will get a filter dialog box to filter for the appropriate recommendation layers.
- Check/Uncheck the layers and attributes within the layers you want to run.
3. Other Applications Tab: This tab is NOT required, only used to factor in other recommendations that have for will be applied.
- Click "Add" to bring up the Application window.
- Manual = uses the values entered in the Fixed Rate Application
- Map Preferred = uses the ProductRate attribute in a product recommendation layer if available, if not, the system will use the value in the Fixed Rate Application.
- Map Required = uses the ProductRate values from a designated product recommendation layer.
- Fixed Rate Application - select Product in the dropdown and the rate applied.
- If using a variable rate map from an existing layer, type in the layer name EXACTLY as it's shown in the domain.
- Click "OK"
4. Products Tab:
- Select Products desired for the recommendation. **Note: Products MUST contain the nutrients in the nutrient recommendation layer.
- Select/De-Select setpoints to be used with the products. To learn more about setpoints and definitions, use the Online Help located in the tool.
- If you wish to save this group of products and setpoints, you can choose "Save As" to name a Blend group.
5. Send To Tab:
- Enter the layer name for the saved recommendation.
- Mark the check box to send this recommendation to the VRF Export tool extension.
6. Click Formulate icon (gear).
How do I export product recommendations?