How do I export product recommendations?
Use the VRF Export to convert product recommendations into device-specific files for various controllers.
- Product recommendations
Each controller may have its own set of proprietary information that you can enter during the export process.
- Fertility | VRF Export
- Load the product recommendations into VRF Export.
- Click on the "Select Recommendations" icon (pages with a green plus) to filter your recommendations and click okay to load.
- Select/De-Select layers to include in the export.
- Select or Modify Setpoints for the products if desired. For definitions of the Setpoints, use the Help within the AgStudio extension.
- If you have multiple layers with one product and want to assign the same setpoints or rates to all of them at one time: Use the Assign Setpoints or Assign Rates icon to assign your setpoints and rates to all the recommendations for each product selected.
- If there are Unassigned products to Fertilizers in your fertilizer list, use the Link icon (chain link). This will bring up a list of attributes on the left, highlight the attribute, and simply click on the product in the list on the right to link and click OK. **If you used Nutrient Formulator, you should not have to do this step, only if you want to change products.
- You can also print recommendations maps and a recommendation summary before exporting using the Print icon
- Once everything is set and OK'd, click the Export Recommendation icon to display the Export Manager.
Note: To efficiently work with the Export Manager dialog, see Appendix A for notes about the various options.
- From the Export Manager:
- Click Add in the Device Format frame and select the device from the drop down list
- If the selected device enables parameters, choose the options you want
- In the Send To frame, click Add to select a Send to option from the drop down list. There are four primary send to (destination) options including:
- Email - When you choose email, an email template is enabled. Complete the fields within the email template. Exported files are emailed in zip file format to the designated email address.
- File - When you choose file, the File field is enabled. Click the ellipse (three dots) to display the Save As dialog to select the save location where the files are to be exported. Exported files are zipped and saved at the selected location.
- Folder - When you choose folder, the Output Folder field is enabled. Click the ellipse (three dots) to display the Browse For Folder dialog to select the output folder. This is the location where the files are to be exported. They can be sent directly to a data card or to a folder on the computer for later transfer to a device data card.
- Third-party systems - If you are licensed with a third-party data transfer application, choose the appropriate third-party option and destination. Then, click Export and the data is exported to the selected destination via the third-party vendor transfer mechanism.
Note: Depending on your configuration, third-party systems may be disabled or may contain specific options.
- In the Settings frame, mark the check box(es) if you want to export single rate maps, zero rate maps, or include all resources in the export
- In the Include Reports frame, mark the check box(es) for the report(s) you want to export
- Click Save or Save As to display the Save VRA Export script dialog on which you name the script and select the domain to which you want this script to be available.
- If you make modifications to a saved script and want to overwrite the previous version, click Save. If you want to save the script under a different name or associate it to a different domain, click Save As.
When the export is complete, you return to the initial extension dialog. If any Errors or Warnings occur during the export process, a Diagnostics dialog is displayed.
- If Errors are present, you must address them before the validity of the card can be certain.
- If Warnings exist, review them to determine if any further action is required.
What details should I know about the Export Manager?