Variable Rate Fertility Workflow: A Step-by-Step Guide
This workflow presents an overview of the process to create variable rate fertility recommendations (VRF Rx) which encompasses several extensions.
Each extension used in this process contains a Help button or icon (question mark) that provides comprehensive details and/or scenarios.
To create fertilizer recommendation layers that you can take to the field for application with a controller, use several key extensions in AgStudio:
- Calculator Editor
- Advanced Nutrient Recommendations
- Nutrient Formulator
- VRF Export
- In preparation for creating a VRF Rx, you need to import calculators into AgStudio.
- To generate nutrient recommendations, you build scripts that contain:
- details about the crops/commodities to be grown,
- the data inputs that are available,
- the calculators to be used, and
- options for the appearance of the final result.
- This process accounts for the recommended nutrients and adjusts for other prior or planned applications.
- Each controller may have its own set of proprietary information that you can enter during the export process.
- Get details about the Export Manager.
Click here to view the Variable Rate Fertility workflow.