How do I export a variety locator layer?
Variety Locator Layers are useful for full planter or splint planter information. Use the Write Setup Card extension to export variety locator layers.
- A variety locator layer
- Select the Grower in the Resources tree
- FieldOps | Write Setup Card to display the Export Manager dialog
- From the Export Manager:
- Click Add in the Device Formats frame and select the device from the drop down list
- If the selected device enables parameters, choose the options you want
- In the Send To frame, click Add to select a Send to option from the drop down list. There are four primary Send To (destination) options including:
- Email - When you choose email, an email template is enabled. Complete the fields within the email template. Exported files are emailed in zip file format to the designated email address.
- File - When you choose file, the File field is enabled. Click the ellipse to display the Save As dialog to select the save location where the files are to be exported. Exported files are zipped and saved at the selected location.
- Folder - When you choose folder, the Output Folder field is enabled. Click the ellipse to display the Browse For Folder dialog to select the output folder. This is the location where the files are to be exported. They can be sent directly to a data card or to a folder on the computer for later transfer to a device data card.
- Third-party systems - If you are licensed with a third-party data transfer application, choose the appropriate third-party option and destination. Then, click Export and the data is exported to the selected destination via the third-party vendor transfer mechanism.
Note: Depending on your configuration, third-party systems may be disabled or may contain specific options.
- In the Settings frame, mark the Include variety layers check box
- In the Include Reports frame, mark the check box(es) for the report(s) you want to export
- Click Save or Save As to display the Save VRA Export script dialog on which you name the script and select the domain to which you want this script to be available.
- If you make modifications to a saved script and want to overwrite the previous version, click Save. If you want to save the script under a different name or associate it to a different domain, click Save As.
- Click Export.
When the export is complete, you return to the initial extension dialog. If any Errors or Warnings occur during the export process, a Diagnostics dialog is displayed.
- If Errors are present, you must address them before the validity of the card can be certain.
- If Warnings exist, review them to determine if any further action is required.
- See details about the Export Manager
About Variety Locator Layers
What are the Export Manager details with Write Setup Card?