Variable Rate Seeding: A Step-by-Step Guide
AgStudio provides several methods for working with Variable Rate Seeding.
- Explore whether you want to create a recommendation for single or multi-variety seeding.
- The first step is to place your seed variety either individually or in batch mode.
- Next, choose the method by which you want to create a VRS recommendation:
- From a Management Zone
- If you do not have an existing Management Zone, you need to create one
- From a Soil Types layer – see the online Help for details.
- From a Crop Zone Boundary– see the online Help for details.
- Using the Advanced Seed Rate (ASR) Recommendations extension to build and run individual or multi-variety seed rate recommendations
- If you choose to use ASR, you need to import the calculators you want to use.
- Each controller may have its own set of proprietary information that you can enter during the export process – be sure to check out the details.