How do I build a seed rate recommendation script?
To generate seed rate recommendations, you build scripts that contain details about the crops/commodities to be grown, the data inputs that are available, the calculators to be used, and options for the appearance of the final result. You then run the newly-created script or any previously-saved script through the AgStudio desktop application or through AgStudio Select.
Building Seed Rate Recommendations Scripts
The steps to build these scripts are:
- From the Resources tree, select a field or crop zone for which you want to generate a recommendation.
- Seeding | Advanced Seed Rate Recommendations
- Click while selected on <<New Script>> to create a new script configuration.
- This will bring the the Advanced Seed Recommendation Editor where you will see five tabs with information needed to complete the script: Crop Zones, Layers, Calculators, Surfacing, and General.
- Cropzones: Select the Crop (and Commodity, if desired) requirements for the script to be run.
- Layers: Select the Layers you have set up, that contain the attributes in the Calculator you want to use. Note: Select "Get Latest of Type" to use the most current form of that layer type with that attribute.
- Calculators: Select the Calculator in your AgStudio that you want to use to run the script. Selecting the Calculator on the left, will bring up the variables included in the Calculator on the right hand side and their unit of measure. You will want to confirm the "Source" type, i.e. MapRequired=data from a layer, Manual=data from a number you enter, MapPreferred=data from layer, if no data, then a Manual number.
- Surfacing: Check the box to surface the VRS. This is usually planter monitor or user preference, or the layer type used. Example, if you are using a soil test layer that has sites, the VRS will NEED to be surfaced. If checked, confirm your surfacing parameters. If not surfacing, leave unchecked and the VRS regions will copy that of the regions used in your layer.
- General: Check the "save all attributes" box if you want to confirm the values used in the script. This box is normally not checked. If you want to make some notes about the script, you may enter them in the box below.
5. Once all inputs have been entered and confirmed in the script, you can click "Save" if entering a new script or overwriting an old script, "Save As" to save the script as a new script. You can also select "Run" to run this script immediately in the domain selected.
How do I run a seed rate recommendation script?