How do I create a VRS recommendation from a Management Zone?
You can generate a basic seeding recommendation based on a simple, built-in reclassification calculator that takes advantage of existing management zone, soil type, or crop zone data.
- For creating single-variety VRS recommendations, the prerequisite is that your database contains Seed products (added through the Seed Editor on the Setup Menu). See the online Help in the Seed Editor for details.
- A variety is placed on the cropzones where you are creating a VRS.
1. Select the domain in the Resources tree for which you want to create a variable rate seeding recommendation
2. Seeding | Create a VRS Recommendation | From Management Zones
3. Choose the management zone layer and the group attribute from which you want to calculate seeding rates
4. Use the Crop drop down to select the crop for seeding rate assignment
5. Select fields for assignment (use the Suggest Fields, Remove Fields and Suggest All buttons to create a list of Suggested Fields)
6. Optionally, convert to surfaced recommendations. Usually a monitor preference or to fill in vacant spots in the management zone layer.
7. Enter the appropriate seeding rate for each management zone type in the Seed Rate column and click Assign.
8. For Creating a VRS by Soil Type, the process is similar. The main difference is it selects the Soil Type layer and attribute in the Soil Types layer. Select Create VRS by Soil Types, create a suggested fields list, and enter seed rates according to the different soil types.
9. For Creating VRS by Crop Zone, select the cropzone you want a VRS for, select Create a VRS by Cropzone. A VRS will be created in that cropzone using the seed rate you set when “placing a variety.” *NOTE* This is a single rate option.
How do I create a Management Zone?