How do I place seed varieties in batch mode?
The Advanced Variety Placer extension increases efficiency because you can simultaneously place the products and create the crop zone, if none exists. The visual map indicators assist by identifying where products are placed.
- For creating single-variety VRS recommendations, the prerequisite is that your database contains Seed products (added through the Seed Editor on the Setup Menu). See the online Help in the Seed Editor for details.
- The prerequisites for creating multi-variety VRS recommendations are:
- The selected Crop Zone must have a commodity.
- The Crop involved in the recommendation must have seed/acre as the unit of measure
See the online Help in both the Commodity Editor and Crop Editor for details.
- Seeding | Advanced Variety Placer
- To select products, click to display the Select a Variety dialog in which you select the Manufacturer, Variety, and enter the seeding Rate.
- Optionally, to assign a crop to a field, click to enable the map selection tool (changes the mouse to a crosshair) to select the field to which you want to create a crop zone. By clicking several fields, you are creating crop zones in batch mode.
- To assign a product to a field operation, click to enable the map selection tool (changes the mouse to a crosshair) to:
- Add the specific product to an existing crop zone, OR
- Simultaneously create a crop zone and place the product
- Optionally, to edit the product, use the Selected Fields tab to edit the Trial, Seed Rate, and Acres. The Units value, which you defined through the Seed Editor, updates based on the seed rate and number of acres.
How do I place an individual seed variety?