How do I adjust a VRS recommendation for Irrigation?
Creating irrigation-based seeding recommendations gives you the opportunity to specify dryland and/or irrigated seeding rates in the recommendations operations that you can take to the field for planting.
- Your database must contain Seed products (use the Seed Editor)
- A placed variety (use the Place a Variety or Advanced Variety Placer)
- A planned planting operation, which may or may not contain a seed rate recommendation. You can create a VRS Recommendation from a Management Zone, Soil Types, or Crop Zone boundaries. If no VRS Recommendation currently exists for a crop zone that contains a placed product, the extension automatically creates a VRS Recommendation layer.
- A pivot (use the Center Pivot Irrigation); fields without pivots are processed as dryland areas.
- Select a domain in the Resources tree.
- Seeding | Adjust VRS by Irrigation (indicates menu item).
- If a VRS Recommendation layer already exists, it is loaded. Additionally, you can click to load the VRS Recommendation layers.
- Mark the checkbox to the left of the Farm name to choose to include the field when setting irrigation rates.
- After the VRS Recommendation layers are created/loaded, click to display the Assign VRS Irrigation Rates dialog in which you can set rates for Dryland and/or Irrigated areas of the field.
- From the Crop drop-down, select the crop you want to assign rates to.
- Choose one, both, or neither of the overwrite options:
- Overwrite existing non-irrigation VRS layers - mark this check box if you want to set irrigation rates for existing VRS layers. The originally created rates are changed to the rates you assign in this dialog.
- Overwrite existing irrigation VRS layers - mark this check box if you want to overwrite any existing VRS layer that contains an irrigation rate (previously run through Adjust VRS by Irrigation). The rate will be updated to reflect the rates you assign in this dialog.
- Assign a Fixed Rate to Irrigated Areas - mark the check box and enter the rate in the Irrigated rate box.
- Assign a Fixed Rate to Dryland Areas - mark the check box and enter the rate in the Dryland rate box.
Note: If either rate options are unchecked, the previously assigned rate remains.
How do I build a seed rate recommendation script?