How do I create a Boundary with GPS?
In this scenario, you created a new Farm and Field in your AgStudio database and you want to use GPS to map the boundary that includes an internal boundary to take into account several telephone poles on the property.
- Before you begin, make sure you have a solid connection to the database and that you have zoomed into the field and you can see background imagery (if selected). If you don’t, double-check your connection before continuing.
When using GPS, your cursor becomes a GPS cursor with a directional arrow that adjusts based on heading. This facilitates you easily seeing exactly where you are going. The GPS cursor is also valuable when you are pulling sites from a heavily populated field. For details about the GPS cursor, see the Settings section in the Reference section in this guide.
- Select the Grower, Farm, and Field (instructions in Accessing the Field) to display the map of the field you were assigned to sample.
- When you tap a Field that does not have a boundary, a Warning box indicates that the field does not have a boundary. The options are New Boundary or Cancel.
- Use GPS Interval and tap the + or – sign to indicate the minimum number of seconds required between logged vertices.
- Use GPS Distance and tap the + or – sign to indicate the minimum distance, in feet, between logged vertices.
- If the play button does not display, tap the icon to draw the boundary via GPS.
- The play/pause control is useful if you encounter an obstacle on the boundary, such as a wet spot. Simply pause the GPS as you navigate around the wet spot and resume play to continue the boundary.
- Note: A straight line will be drawn between the time you pause and resume recording.
- A Boundary Area message appears indicated the acreage of the boundary. Tap OK.
- If your current boundary intersects another boundary, a message appears prompting you to indicate whether you want to Merge or Replace the boundary. Select the option that is right for you.
Using AgStudio MAP
How do I create an Internal Boundary with GPS?