How do I place a Grid on an existing Boundary?
In this scenario, you want to place a grid on an existing boundary that does not have a directed sampling layer and assign grid numbers.
- An existing boundary that does not have a directed sampling layer
- Select the Grower, Farm, and Field (instructions in Accessing the Field) to display the map of the field on which you want to place a grid.
- Tap the options icon , tap Settings, and tap Grid.
- Within the grid panel, you can either enter a Default Grid Size (acres) which automatically adjusts the Width and Height OR
- Change the Default Grid Width by tapping the current value, backspacing to erase that value, and entering a new value; in this case 330.
- Repeat step 4 for the Default Grid Height and then tap Save.
- Tap to access the Grid Tools bar.
- From the Grid Tools bar, tap to view the grid on the map.
- If necessary, you can tap in the Grid Tools bar to move, rotate, or resize the grid.
- To simplify the numbering of the sites, tap the Grid Numbering Pattern icon . Tap on the grid (not the field) in the starting corner and drag the cursor in the direction the numbering should follow.
- Note: Grid Numbering Pattern is only available on points layers; it is not available on polygon layers.
- Note: you must drag the cursor from one corner to a second corner going north to south (or south to north) or east to west (or west to east)
- Upload Now – choose this option to upload data right away (cellular connection is required)
- Upload Later – choose this option if no cellular connection is currently available. The job is saved and uploads when cellular connection is available.
- Discard – choose this option if you want to discard the entire session.
- Cancel – choose this option if you want to cancel the last action.
Note: Once you Sync an assignment (whether through Sync Now or Sync Later), you cannot access that Field again unless a new Work Order is created.
Using AgStudio MAP