Soil Test Automation: Understanding the Process
The process of soil sample planning, collection and analysis is a key component of effective agronomy management, and is essential for the efficient and economic production of crops. The AgStudio™ Soil Test Automation solution integrates desktop, server and mobile solutions to make the soil testing process smoother, faster and more accurate.
- Control sampling by creating directed sampling layers with common grid patterns, manually drawn zones or placed sites, polygons from other layers, or replicated historical sampling locations.
- Create new or load existing soil test layers
- Customize samples based on characteristics of each field
- Identify fields to sample using advanced filters
- Identifies number of samples when loading and renumbers them as you adjust your plan
- Work Seamlessly With Most Major Labs
- AgStudio™ Sampling Work Order extension is designed to work with a variety of labs, and is programmed to work with each lab’s specific services and requirements.
- Lab-specific properties and reports
- Submit samples and get results electronically
- Your lab can email soil test results directly to your database.
- Save data input time and avoid errors: Soil test layers are automatically updated with resulting data via links to GPS location layers
- Be confident data is up to date: emails with the current status of all linked data are automatically sent to you and your lab
- Export Options
- With a single click, boundaries and directed sampling layers can be turned into a work order and synced with AgStudio™ MAP (link to AgStudio™ MAP end page) or exported as shapefiles for other field devices.
- Create and Print Everything You Need
- Easily generate bag labels, lab submittal sheets, field sheets, master sheets and reports for fields – with or without boundaries or previous soil test layers.
See the comprehensive online Help within the AgStudio Sampling Work Order extension for details on performing all of these steps.
- Use AgStudio MAP to enhance the soil test automation process by increasing the accuracy and efficiency of the soil sampling function by connecting field and office operations.
- Use the reporting features in AgStudio™ to customize your reports to suit your specific needs. Create report templates once and reuse them whenever needed.
- Create highly detailed single field and single page reports as well as grower level summaries
- Print your reports, save them as PDFs or email them directly from AgStudio™ or AgStudio™ Select to your smart phone, tablet or other recipient
- Generate surface maps when needed
See the comprehensive online Help within the AgStudio Report Books extension for details on performing all of these steps or watch the video Creating a Report Book.