How to use Transfer Domain
The Transfer Domain tool is used to move resources such as layers, fields, farms, and even growers to parent domains. i.e. Layers to Fields, Fields to Farms.
- An AgStudio domain with the following information a Grower, Farm, Field, and Layer information.
- In your Domain Tree, select the "child" domain you would like to Transfer.
- Bring up the Context Menu by right-clicking on that domain and selecting Transfer Domain. Or selecting the domain and navigating to through the menu by Setup > Transfer Domain.
- This will bring up the Transfer tool. From here you may select the "parent" domain you want the "child" domain transferred to and then select ok. **Note** Layers can be transferred under the Crop Zones OR under a field level.
- Once the "parent" domain is selected the Ok button is pushed; the "child" domain will be transferred to the new domain. **Note** Layers can only be transferred to Fields and Crop Zones where Fields can only be transferred to Farms.
Transferring Farms and Growers:
To transfer Farms and Grower's the page that appears after selecting transfer domain appears with the Company, Territory, Location, and Grower allowing us the ability to choose where to send your "child" Domain
- Steps 1 and 2 are the same as above.
- The transfer tool will then bring up the Domain Picker to allow you to select which Grower, Location, Territory or even Company (if there are multiple companies within Database). Select the Domain for where you like to transfer the Farm or Grower and then click OK and the information will be moved.
**User Tip**: To move a single field or an assortment of fields from different farms to a different grower, simply create a "Transfer Farm" and transfer those fields under that farm. From there use the Transfer Domain tool to move the "Transfer Farm" to the desired grower. Once moved, you can then used the Transfer Domain tool to arrange the fields under the correct farms.