How do I Split a Field Boundary into Two Fields in AgStudio?
Field Boundaries play an important role in all aspects of AgStudio. Review the field boundaries each year as early as possible to avoid issues later in the year.
- Boundaries are created.
- Updating Field Boundaries may not automatically update crop zones boundaries.
- In the Grower window, select the Grower and Crop Year.
- In the Resources window, Expand the farm and select the field from the domain tree.
- On the menu above the map, select Editor > Boundary Editor.
- Note: When the boundary editor is open, the currently selected field boundary displays in red. Interior lines such as waterways display in green. If the boundary is already separated into regions that can be selected/highlighted in blue independently, skip to step 4.
- Select the Split Polygon tool.
- Starting outside the boundary, draw a cutting line/polygon by clicking point to point.
- Note: The cutting polygon should end outside of the boundary. At each spot where the cutting line/polygon comes into contact with the boundary, it creates a cut. Think of the field boundary as a piece of paper and the Split Polygon tool as the path a scissors follows.
- Click within a polygon on the map to select it. The selected polygon appears in blue.
- To transfer to a new field, select the Transfer Polygon icon to open the Pick Domain Window.
- Select a destination field form the Pick Domain window.
- To create a new field using the selected polygon, Select a Farm in the Pick Domain window and select the Add a New Field to the Selected Farm icon at the bottom.
- Click OK to finalize the transfer.
- There are also options to Remove Holes or delete selected sections of field within the Boundary Editor tool.
- After finishing all edits, click Save
- Click Close to turn off the boundary editor.
- When prompted whether to update the crop zone boundary, click Yes.
- New farms and fields might not display in the correct order after creation. Refresh the grower after modifying the boundary by selecting View and then Refresh Grower or pressing F5 on the keyboard.
How do I create, edit, and remove boundaries in AgStudio?