How do I merge two field boundaries in AgStudio?
Field Boundaries play an important role in all aspects of AgStudio. Review the field boundaries each year as early as possible to avoid issues later in the year.
- Boundaries created.
- Updating Field Boundaries may not automatically update crop zone boundaries.
- Editing a boundary changes how the boundary displays in all crop years, not only the year selected.
- Monitor data MUST be unlinked first before merging boundaries (step 2).
- In the Grower window, select the Grower and Crop Year.
- If there is any linked data in any crop year, it must be unlinked to be protected. In the Resources window, Expand the Farm, Field and Crop Zone in the Domain Tree.
- Verify that there is no Harvest, As-Planted, or similar data.
- If there is data under the crop zone, right-click the data icon in the Domain Tree and select Delete FieldOp to temporarily remove it from the domain tree and map. It will be added back after merging fields.
- Repeat for all years with data.
- Repeat for all fields to be merged.
- If there is no data for either field, skip step 2 and proceed to step 3.
- In the Resources window, Expand the Farm and select the Field from the domain tree.
- Note: The name of the field selected first is lost after the merge.
- Right-click the field icon or open the Setup menu.
- Select Join to Other Domain.
- Select the field that the grower wants to join to the first field.
- Note: The name of the second field remains after the merge.
- In the warning dialog box that says that FieldOp data might be lost if the user continues, click OK to continue with the merge.
- Verify that attributes of the new, merged field are what is expected:
- Update reported acres by right-clicking the field or clicking the Setup menu and selecting Edit Field.
- Confirm that the crop zone is correct by opening the Crop Zone Boundary Editor under the Setup menu.
- Re-link data removed in step 2:
- Highlight the Field in the Domain Tree.
- Click the FieldOps menu.
- Select Link to Field Operations
- Click OK twice.
- The new field has a merged boundary. The crop zone has been updated. After some processing time, monitor data is linked to the crop zone.