How do I create a multi-hybrid VRS recommendation?
Some monitors can utilize a multi-hybrid variable-rate seeding (VRS) recommendation - they can load more than one product at a time and put down one prescription or the other across the field from the same VRS Rx file. If the monitor can utilize a shapefile file format, then AgStudio can edit the existing Imported VRS layer to work with these monitors. The end result is a layer with decision zones that contain two attributes, one for each hybrid. One attribute will always have a seeding rate of 0 for each zone.
NOTE: The layer editor and export layer functions must be used because the 'create VRS from Management Zones' function of AgStudio does not allow export of regions with a seeding rate of 0. Seeding rates of 0 are required for this type of recommendation to avoid over-placing and overlapping product.
- Create the VRS Rx and save it as a layer.
- In AgStudio, in the Grower window, select the Grower and Crop Year.
- Select the field you need exported.
- Select the Crop Zone the VRS RX was created on.
- Select the Seed Recommendation layer.
- Select the Layers Menu.
- Select Layer Editor.
- Select the Polygon on the map that you would like to edit or select the row you would like to edit (cross hatches will appear on selected polygon on map as shown below).
- Enter the Zero Rate Value on the variety that will not be used in the RX.
- Once all values are entered, select the Save Icon and close the Layer editor window.
- Right Click on Seed Recommendation layer in the Domain Tree.
- Select Export, then Export Layers.
- Select Output Format as Shapefile.
- Select your Output folder, navigate to the folder by selecting the ellipses icon.
- Select your Filename template.
- Select Export.