How do I customize soil test point layers?
This guide explains options for editing and exporting Soil Test Layers.
- Farms and field boundaries created.
- Crop Zones assigned.
- Set up a Sampling Crew.
- Soil Test Layer created.
Use a Grid to Automatically set set sample point locations:
- With Soil Test Layer selected in the field, click the Layers menu.
- Select Layer Editor.
- Click the Show Grid button to generate a grid of points across the field.
- Optionally adjust the Cell Size (330’ x 330’ = 2.5 acres).
- Use the Move Grid tool to move the grid.
- Click again to turn off the tool.
- Click the Snap Grid button to save the point locations.
- Click Save to save the sample points.
Use Multilayer Overlay to Guide Sample Point Placement:
- Click the View menu and select MultiLayer Overlay to activate a background layer (for example, for guiding sample points).
- In the MultiLayer Overlay window, select the layers you want to turn on in the background. Move tool off to the side to work on your layer, do not close tool until done.
- To move the sample points, click a point entry and select the Move Site button .
- Click the active point and move it to the desired location.
- Click Save.
To export sample points:
Note: Use this functionality if you are using a third-party mapping software. You do not need these steps if you are using AgStudio MAP.
- Right-click the Soil Test Layer from the Resource tree
- Select Export and then Export Layers.
- Navigate to the location where you want to store the sample points.
- Enter a file name.
- Select a type (shape file or KML are common, KML for Google Earth).
How do I set up a Sampling Crew?
How do I Create Soil Test Point Layers?
How do I create a sampling work order?
How do I use the AgStudio Map App to Collect Soil Samples?
What are the Standards for Soil Test Analysis?
What are the Soil Test Layer Attribute Standards?