How do I use Advanced Multi-Year Yield Analysis?
Advanced Multi-Year Yield Analysis (AMYYA) is located under the Tools menu in AgStudio. Parameters for an MYYA are applied to multiple farms or fields simultaneously with this tool. MYYA can use pre-generated scripts or custom scripts with specific parameters.
One or more years of harvest data linked to a field’s crop zone.
- Open Advanced Multi-Year Yield Analysis from the Tools menu in AgStudio.
- If you have an existing "script" but want to change some settings while keeping the original, Click the Copy icon to create a copy of the Script.
- Name the script and select the domain levels where it will be used.
Note: Scripts can be saved at different levels depending on uses. An agent can have a script they use for all of their customers saved at the agency level or a custom script for one field that is saved at the grower level.
- Click the Open icon to open the script for editing.
- In the Multi-Year Yield Analysis Script Editor, customize the Crops and Years section. Also setting up the analysis parameters.
- Min Coverage - set the % of coverage of harvest data compared to the cropzone. If % coverage is under that number, that year won't be included in the analysis.
- Stability cutoff - the threshold at which the normalized yield results are not considered average across the crop years and commodities. (Having a low spot in a field, getting higher yields in drought, lower yields in wet, increase the threshold to include this area...lower the value to make it Variable)
- Below average - set the % you want yield to be tagged as low
- Above Average - set the % you want yield to be tagged as high.
- Between your Above and Below average will be considered Average.
- Cell Size - to run as a surface layer, select cell size to be applied (Default=30ft).
- Incorporate Irrigation - Check block to create an analysis of cells that are irrigated vs. cells that are dry.
- Note: For fields that are split-plant or have incomplete yield coverage in past years, lower the minimum coverage parameter to include this data.
- Click Preview to generate a preview based on the analysis parameters chosen.
- Close the preview to return to the Multi-Year Yield Analysis Script Editor.
- Click Run to start the analysis and save the layers.
- Select Save All as Surface Layer and Save MYYA Category as Management Zones.