How to build a Fertility report book?
Reports books allow you to build a hard copy of data based on the information you opt to include.
For this example we are going to walk through building a report that includes a Soil Test Analyte Map, Field Overview Map and Soil Test Summary.
- Access to AgStudio.
- Grower, Farms, and Fields created.
Note: Where you are located in the domain tree can directly impact the information that will be produced when creating a report book. For this example, you will need to be at the Farm level in the domain tree. This means regardless of any selections in the report book script for domains higher than the farm, such as grower level, only selections at the farm level or lower will produce a report.
- Click on the Farm level of the operation within the domain tree.
- Navigate to File on the menu bar, choose Print, Report Books
- While the New Report Book is Highlighted, click
- Select the Field tab
- Select a Report Book from the Unselected column and Move it Right with the arrow
- This will put the Report in the Select Column. For this example I’m going to select Soil Test Analyte Map and Move it Right.
- In the section on the far right, you can see a tab for Options and one for Map.
- Leave it selected with the default options.
**If you want to change any of the map display options Click the checkbox for Override Book. You can customize how your maps will display by changing the setting there.
- Now select the Soil Test Sampling Map in the Unselect column and Move it Right to the Selected column.
- In the Options tab select a specific time period if you have more than one soil sample for this field. Or you don’t have to select anything.
- Now add the Soil Test Summary report to the Selected column.
**Notice the Red X in the Options tab.
- In the Options tab, Click the checkboxes in front of the Attributes to include in the Soil Test Sampling report. Ex: pH, buffer pH, P, K, and CEC
- Now add the Soil Test Analyte Map to the Selected column. Since you received a Red X select the Attributes to include.
- Now click Save As. This will allow you to save this report book as it for all your growers.
- Save it at the highest level possible in your domain tree.
- Name this Report book as you wish. Ex: Shoemaker Consulting Fertility.
- Click Run
- Select your output as Preview.
- Click Ok.
- You can use the Up and Down arrows to tab through the pages in your Preview.